terça-feira, 9 de setembro de 2014

Trashy by Cambria Hebert - Review

 She’s trying to move on, but the past won’t let her go.
I fell in love once.

It was a big mistake, but the biggest mistake of all was staying with him.

He pushed me around. He cheated and treated me like trash.

I don’t feel sorry for myself, because I let him.

But no more.

I moved out. I'm saving my stripper's salary for an education that will get me somewhere better.

But breaking the chains of a shitty past isn’t easy. He says I owe him. He says we aren’t done. I don’t care what he says anymore. 

I do care about Adam.

But my history tells me I’m not the best judge of men. And the fact Adam’s been married four times tells me he probably isn’t a safe choice.
I need safe. I need better. I need out.
                                  If the past is any indication of my future, getting out isn’t going to be easy.



Review



I feel so happy, when I want to read a book so much and he turns out to be SO MUCH better than you're expecting (let's just say that my expections for this book were really high) and as always, Cambria Hebert doesn't disappoint.
I have to be honest, Cambria Hebert is one of my favourites writers (she's so freaking awesome) and the Take It Off series (were this book is the tenth) is awesome. I've read all books and I'm in love.
This book is no difference. I was expecting a book with a LOT of sex, of dirty talking, but I was surprised by it, a really good surprise. This book touches more the emotions of Adam and Roxie.
Despite being a stripper, Roxie is "innocent" when it cames to sex. She's only ever been intimate with Craig (he's a total asshole, he beats her, cheates on her and abuse her verbally. He's a total bastard! ) and  let's say that Craig doesn't hold a candle to Adam. So when it cames to him, she is scared.
Adam is an all alpha male, he's protetive, possessive, bossy, a little bit grumpy and sexy as hell, but there's no denying that he's a big softie when it cames to Roxie. The way he is with her (caring, teasing, passionate) is everything that Roxie needs, but doesn't know it.
This book isn't about all the sexyness that is Adam, but the fragilities that both, Adam and Roxie, have and how they going to overcome them together.

Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário